First Steps: Important Information for new sciebo users
- Why should I use sciebo?
- sciebo has many advantages:
- Automatic synchronization allows you to access your data anytime with all of your devices or via a web interface.
- Sharing files or entire folders with others is very easy as well.
- You always have complete control.
- sciebo offers 30 GB of storage space, completely free of charge.
- And sciebo is particularly safe because the data is stored in NRW only - by the universities in Bonn, Duisburg-Essen and Münster.
- How can I register for sciebo?
- Please navigate to Registration in the top menu. From there, you will be forwarded to the authentication page of your institution. You can find a manual here.
- How can I access my data?
- You can access your data in multiple ways:
- Using the web interface: Go to Login and select your university. Sign in using your sciebo ID and password.
- Using the desktop client: Please download the appropriate client for your operating system.
- Using mobile apps: Please download the appropriate app for your mobile device.
- Using WebDAV: With this feature you can use sciebo as a network drive.
Click on Registration
and choose your institution from the list.
For authentication you will be redirected to your institution’s webpage. Sign up with your user ID and password to verify that you are a legitimate user. Your password will not be transmitted!
After successful authentication you will return to the sciebo website. There, your sciebo ID and the server address of your institution will be displayed.
and finish registration.
Now you can use the web interface (login via your insitution's sciebo server address) and install the desktop client and the smartphone app. Manuals for both are available in our help centre section dealing with Web Interface & Apps
For synchronization, you need the sciebo desktop client which is avaible in our download portal
. It ensures automatically that all files stored on the sciebo server are accessible via all devices running the sciebo client.
Files and folders can be shared via the web interface or the desktop client. There are two sharing options: sharing via the user-ID or sharing via link. You can find more information in our manuals